Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design
Senior Lecturer in Communication Design
International Link Tutor - AKTO / Greece
Link Tutor - WMC Camden / London
University of Brighton
Programme Leader BA (hons) Art and Design (Sussex Coast College)
A broad use of visual language is core to my diverse professional practice which includes:
- Freelance editorial illustration: mainstream titles plus extensive trade and technical press)
- Academic book jacket design: Routlege and Methuen - series styles and a range of individual titles)
- Spitting Image Productions (television): puppet making, animatronics and art direction / international franchise development, corporate video and advertising.
- Optical Illusions: director - artificial eye design and production services for film, print and television.
- The exploration of interactive poetic (authored) content both analogue and digital.
- Recent research activity (the future of the 21st century book) has been developed within the context of an ongoing group submission with three other Middlesex colleagues.
- My current research project builds upon this premise and integrates the following question:
- Can the common digital link and other everyday modes of coded information
(QR's, Barcodes, URL's) transcend their ubiquitous functionality to become by design (and through
the design process) a new form of visualised aesthetic - retaining function but gaining in
status, hierarchy and additional functionality.